Self-regulating heating cable FSR is designed to protect against freezing or for process temperature maintenance in metal or non-metallic pipelines, storage tanks and other facilities.br />The heat output of the cable is a response to the ambient temperature at any point in the circuit.
Whenever the heat loss of the insulated pipe, tank, or appliance increases (the ambient temperature drops), the heat output of the cable will increase. Conversely, when the heat loss drops (ambient temperature rises or medium flows through), the cable responds by lowering its thermal output. This feature allows cable crossing without damage due to temperature.
FSR cables are approved for use in normal environments, zones 1, 2 and zones 21, 22.
Terminal boxes for connection of heating cables - are used for powering, connecting and branching of heating cables.
Self-regulating heating cables FSR require the use of a termination set UTK344.
Power output curves:
Power output for a cable with outer sheath attached on an insulated metal pipe at 230 V AC and as specified in IEC62395 and IEC60079-30:
|Type of cable
Nominal voltage 230 V AC
|Power output at 10 °C (W/m)|
* CT ... Polyolefin jacket providing additional protection in places where the cable is exposed to the influence of inorganic chemicals based on water basis.
* CF ... Fluoropolymer jacket providing additional protection in places where the cable is exposed to the influence of organic chemicals or corrosive atmospheres..
FSE - SIRA 02ATEX3070
|II 2G Ex e IIC T6 Gb|
|II 2D Ex tb IIIC T85°C Db IP67|
|For information on further certification contact Generi, s.r.o.|
1. Cables can also be used for other voltages, for information contact Generi staff.
2. Temperature classes are according to internationally recognized standards of authorized institutions.
3. Heating cables are approved for temperature classes using a stabilized design. This allows the use of cables in potentially explosive atmospheres without limiting thermostats. For design
of heating circuits, please contact Generi, s.r.o.
4. For additional accessories for complete installation of the heating cable and for compliance with the approval requirements, refer to the heating cable installation guide.
Size and type of the circuit breaker:
The maximum circuit lengths for the different current values of the circuit breaker are listed below. The size of the circuit breaker and the type of short-circuit protection used must be designed according to national standards. Please contact Generi, s.r.o. for design information and other supply voltages.
Short-circuit protection must be provided for each supply branch of the heating system separately.
|Supply voltage 230 V AC||Max. cable length vs. size of the circuit breaker (type C circuit breaker) (m)|
|Type of cable||Start-up temperature (°C)|